Skill Development

 

In choosing to create a video essay, I have undertaken the opportunity to develop an array of skills in digital media and content creation. 

Video Editing 

Video editing has been something that I have worked on in the past as a hobby, but not something that I have devoted any great time towards recently. Working on a ten minute, fully-edited audio-visual video essay has been something I have wanted to do for a long time now, and I am looking forward to doing it.  

Getting familiar with the editing software will be my main goal. Premiere Pro and HitFilm Express are two forms of software that I have used in the past, and I am keen on developing my skill with them to a greater extent. 

Audio Editing 

Audio editing is something that I have a fair bit of experience in. Using Reaper, I will record and edit the narration of this piece so as to form a basis for the video and keen direction on where the visuals will lead. I expect to record and re-record numerous times for the best takes, and as the script will change to suit the visuals just as much as the visuals to suit the script. 

Voice Overs 

My skill in writing the script of and recording a voice over is absolutely something I wish to develop further and get better at. I have written and orated many speeches in the past through debating and Model United Nations, but to create something explicitly for a video essay would be more than interesting for me.  

Visual Content Creation 

For this project, I will be creating moving slides for the video that will transition from one another and sync up with the audio script being read by me. For example, while talking about the philosophers and the philosophy of transcendentalism, I will outline the pillars of the ideology with an animated slide, moving from one to the next while discussing it. This is something I have never done before, and it will require some research on how to do it effectively, but it is a skill I am set on learning.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Into the Wild - Video Essay Analysis

Aims and Objectives