Rationale

 

I have chosen to tackle this video essay for numerous reasons. 

Firstly, the film had a major impact on my worldview and the way in which I prioritize what is important to me. There are not many films that have touched me in the way that Into the Wild has. 

Secondly, the real-life application of transcendentalism – the belief that people and nature are inherently good, and that industrial society and institutions are corrupting their purity – has become a point of great contention.  

Into the Wild is unique in that it highlights both the tremendous good and terrible contradictions of a lifestyle that subscribes to the ideals of Henry David Thoreau and Ralph Waldo Emerson.  

Thirdly, I believe that the cinematography and musical accompaniment of the film directly benefit the way in which an audience interprets and emotionally responds to the philosophy. The soundscape of the film is incredibly creative, particularly when crafting spaces. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Into the Wild - Video Essay Analysis

Aims and Objectives