Target Audience

 

This video essay is, at its core, targeted towards those that enjoy film philosophy and a certain level of theory-crafting. While these criteria alone are very broad and difficult to relate to specific demographics, the way in which the video is created will provide me with a means of breaking the target audience down more precisely. 

The video essay will be a persuasive and, ultimately, personal take on the philosophies found in Into the Wild. It will be my outlooks, my perspectives, and what I see when I watch the film that stands out to me and makes it into the final script. As such, it is people my age that the video essay will likely appeal to. 17-30 would be a rough age demographic. 

Alongside this, the video essay will likely only appeal to those within my own societal “class” or norms. I am not extremely wealthy. I have grown up on a philosophy of being cautious with money and reasonable in how I spend it. While assessing a film and philosophies that do not hold material wealth very highly, it is safe to assume that it is people that have similar financial backgrounds to me that will find the most appeal.  

The video essay, due to its takes on these philosophies, will likely be somewhat critical of the industrial processes that society presses on those living within it. The expectations of living in a modern, first-world country that are held over you is acutely criticized in the film. I will be targeting those that have an appreciation for human spirit over material wealth, and value money only insofar as it provides safety, security and a modicum of comfort for them and their family. Therefore, those with pro-corporate, economic-right political beliefs will likely not agree with the video essay. 

Those with an interest in culture, coming-of-age genres, colourful character interactions, and slow-burn, yet fascinating adventure stories will all be part of my target audience. Those with an interest in film production, character building and depth, human interactions, and human stories will all be part of my target audience. Gender, ethnicity and profession all remain open and will not be targeted or omitted as demographics.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Into the Wild - Video Essay Analysis

Aims and Objectives